Magnet Care and Use Instructions
Preparing Magnetic-Receptive Surfaces
- Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured (hardened)*
- Clean the metallic surface and the magnet with mild detergent.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry
Applying Flexible Magnets
- If possible, affix to smooth, flat, or gently curved metallic surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface (i.e. no air pockets).
- if you place themagnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and re-affix. Do not pull the magnet across the surface or it may scratch due to resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
- Avoid use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods) or temperatures exceeding 150° F (66° C)
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because teh magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
Cleaning Flexible Magnets
- To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, remove and clean WEEKLY
- To protect fresh clear coat, base coat and/or vinyl surfaces on new cars and trucks, removes magnetic signs DAILY
*Approximate curing times: paint - 90days; clear coat - 60 days; wax - 2 days